The Registry keeps growing when you use Windows, so does the obsolete items in the Registry, which would eventually lead to performance degradation and even system crashes. Wise Registry Cleaner scans the Windows Registry and finds errors and residual items in the Registry and then cleans or defrags them. By fixing these residual and corrupted items in Windows Registry, your system will run faster and be more stable.
I highly recommend this software utility. I have used this software on many PCs throughout the world. Best of all, there is a free version. This software is a companion product to Wise Disk Cleaner as discussed in a previous post. In troubleshooting a PC, I use them both to clean up a computer.
Its been my experience to find the best free program that does one thing very well. Although CCleaner has a Registry cleaner, I do not recommend it, instead use this software.
This is for a Windows based operating system from XP to Windows 10
Download and Install
Click here to download and install Wise Register Cleaner and follow these steps:
- Click the Free Download button
- You will see the download file in the lower left of your screen
- Click or double click to install the software and follow the simple instructions
- A desktop/laptop shortcut will be added
- Close other running program(s)
- Empty your Recycle Bin
- Click or double click the shortcut to run
Following image is after an install. Your screen should look similar:
Backup Before Running
Although the program sets a Restore Point and a Backup of the Registry, I prefer doing this procedure manually. To view these options, refer to the last image in this post.
First, we want to create a System Restore point and a backup of the Registry as a safety precaution in case something goes wrong. See the following screenshot:
- Select the Create a system restore point button. Once finished you will see the following popup image:
- Click OK
- Repeat above steps, but this time select Create a full registry backup button
- When finished, your are taken back to the main program screen.
Run the Software
Click the Quick Scan icon to begin scanning your Registry. After completion, you will see a similar screenshot:
- Click the Clean button to fix your Registry. Your results screen will be similar to the below image:
That’s it. You are done. If you want to setup a schedule for checking updates:
- Click on Settings from the top of the main program screen
- Select the General and change when to check for updates; I recommend keeping the default to Weekly.
Wise Registry Cleaner Pro has a Scheduler option and many others.
Your scrren should look like the following:
- Close the program
- Restart your machine
Leave a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love hearing from you. Do you have a computer tech question? I will do my best to answer your inquiry. Please mention the app and version that you are using. To help me out, you can send screenshots of your data related to your question.