If you are like me, you have dozens of apps on your smart device. Instead of swiping screen by screen to locate and launch an app, let’s explore another method using Spotlight Search.
This is for iPhone and iPad
Launch Spotlight Search
- Near the middle of any screen, especially the Home screen, tap and swipe down. This will open the Spotlight with a keyboard and a search bar. See below image:
Finding an App
- Type a few letters of the app name. In my example, I am searching for “TV App”. See following image:
- Spotlight will suggest a “Top Hit” and other possibilities. Refer to below image:
Launch the App
- Once you find your app, tap it’s icon to launch. See following image for launching “TV App”:
- You can also use Siri to locate and launch an app. Once Siri is activated, just say “Launch” followed by the app name.
I Would Like to Hear from You
Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love hearing from you. Do you have a computer tech or smart device question? I will do my best to answer your inquiry. Please mention the device, app and version that you are using. To help me out, you can send screenshots of your data related to your question.