It is quite common that one user owns both a laptop and a desktop or two or more PCs. Each device has its merits.
If you have both a laptop and a desktop or two or more computers, you may want to sync the two or more devices for following reasons:
- Use the same Windows 10 settings on two or more computers without spending time manually entering theme customizations, browser options, etc.
- Keep frequently-used files up to date on two PCs without the repetitive work of copy and paste.
Choose from Settings such as Language preferences, Passwords, and color Theme. If you turn on Other Windows settings, Windows also syncs some device settings (for things like printers and mouse options), File Explorer settings and notification preferences.
Since it’s beneficial to sync a laptop and a desktop or two or more PCs, how is this done? First, you’ll need to use the same Microsoft account to log into each Windows 10 device that you wish to sync.
This is for Windows 10 devices
Sync Your Windows 10 Devices
- In your Cortana search box, type in Settings
- Select Accounts
- Select Sync your settings. You will be required to sign into your Microsoft account, especially, if you are syncing your Passwords which requires a verification. Refer to below image:
- Turn off or on your syncing preferences
- Repeat the above steps for each Windows 10 device
Once the feature is on, the synchronization will take place across all your devices that are running on Windows 10 and where you’re logged in with the same Microsoft Account.
I Would Like to Hear from You
Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love hearing from you. Do you have a computer tech or smart device question? I will do my best to answer your inquiry. Please mention the device, app and version that you are using. To help me out, you can send screenshots of your data related to your question.