Need to clear your Google Chrome browsing data? Your browsing data is stored in a “cache” and at times, may cause a problem with the actual data stored on a website. By clearing your browsing data, you are starting with a “fresh cache” to avoid inconsistencies.
This is for PCs, Macs, iPhone and iPad
FIRST, before doing any of the following, launch your Google Chrome app. For the iPhone or iPad
- Open an article or your account and tap the the hamburger icon (the 3 dots) in lower right-hand corner.
- Tap History. (It may be labeled More History). Also, you can view more of your history at historygoogle.com
- At the bottom, tap Clear Browsing Data.
- Check Browsing history. It may be checked by default.
- Uncheck any other items you don’t want to delete.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data. Tap Clear Browsing Data again or Cancel if you do not want to proceed.
- At the top right, tap Done, then tap Done again.
Refer to below image:
For Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Press Cntl+Shift+Delete keys for Windows or Linux. Press Command+Shift+Backspace for a Mac. The backspace key is labeled “Delete”.
- Uncheck any items you don’t want to delete.
- Press Clear data button in lower right.
- Hit Enter or Return key.
See below image:
IMPORTANT: Be sure and close/quit your browser and restart it after clearing your browsing data.
Your browsing history will be cleared to the level you have chosen. You may repeat the above process to clear any unchecked items.
That’s it. Please feel free to share this post! One way to share is via Twitter, as mentioned below.
I hope you have found this post helpful. If so, click the Tweet icon below. This will launch Twitter where you click its icon to post the Tweet.
Check out TechSavvy.Life for blog posts on smartphones, PCs, and Macs! You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for comments or questions.Tweet
I Would Like to Hear From You
Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love hearing from you. Do you have a computer or smart device tech question? I will do my best to answer your inquiry. Just send an email to email@example.com. Please mention the device, app and version that you are using. To help us out, you can send screenshots of your data related to your question.