RAYMOND OGLESBY @RaymondOglesby2
April 5, 2022
Windows 10 lets you increase the mouse cursor’s size and change its color as well as changed the text indicator. Want a black mouse cursor instead? You can choose that. Want a huge yellow inverted cursor that’s easier to see? You can choose that, too. Want the cursor indicator that you can see? In our example, we will create a Scheme of yellow inverted size three cursor and a blue text indicator with a thickness of three. Let’s explore how this is done.
This is for devices running Windows 10
Change the Mouse Settings
First, open Mouse Settings. In the Cortana search box at the lower left-hand corner, type in “mouse settings“. From the results, in the upper left-hand corner, click the Mouse settings result. The Mouse window will then open.
Next, in this window, you can adjust:
- Cursor speed – move the slider from slow to fast
- Mouse wheel scroll – select Multiple lines at a time
- Lines to scroll – as you move the slider, hover on it to see the number to scroll
- Scroll inactive windows – to enable, switch the toggle to ON
Refer to the below image:
When finished, click Adjust mouse & cursor size in the upper right-hand corner. Now, on the window that opens, you can adjust:
- Pointer size – change the size from small to large
- Pointer color – change the color by clicking the second and fourth tile. A color picker will appear for you to choose a color
- Set touch feedback – change touch feedback toggle to ON
See the below image:
Change the Text Indicator
Next, in the pane on the left, select the Text cursor option. See the following image:
Now, on the menu that opens, you can adjust:
- Text cursor indicator – toggle the switch to ON
- Text cursor size – from small to large
- Text cursor indicator color – select a color from the tiles
- Text cursor thickness – as you move the slider, hover on it to see the number for thickness
When finished, navigate back to the Mouse settings window. In the find a setting box in the upper left-hand corner, type in “mouse” and choose Mouse settings option.
Next, on the window that opens, select Additional mouse options in the upper right-hand corner. Refer to the below image:
Now, the Mouse Properties window will open. Select the Pointers tab. Then label the Scheme by clicking the drop-down box and type in a name, click OK. When finished, click OK at the bottom. See the below image:
In our example, we have created a Scheme of yellow inverted size three cursor and a blue text indicator with a thickness of three.
Quote For the Day
Yesterday ended last night. Today is a brand-new day.Zig Ziglar
That’s it. If you ever want to tweak your mouse cursor again, just come back here. Please feel free to share this post! One way to share is via Twitter.
I hope you have found this post helpful. If so, click the Tweet icon below. This will launch Twitter where you click its icon to post the Tweet.
Check out TechSavvy.Life for blog posts on smartphones, PCs, and Macs! You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for comments or questions.Tweet
I Would Like to Hear From You
Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to hear from you. Do you have a computer or smart device tech question? I will do my best to answer your inquiry. Just send an email to email@example.com. Please mention the device, app, and version you are using. To help us out, you can send screenshots of your data related to your question.
You can access the e-book from a Kindle device, the Kindle App for the desktop or smartphone, which is a free app.